Setting up Wi-Fi on the Nokia E72 for fast online access via home Wi-Fi networks, office WLANs or public Wi-Fi hotspots. Also how to find the MAC address
The Nokia E72 was one of Nokia's premier E-series business handsets It's a high functioning smartphone that's geared up for enterprise grade messaging with a full Qwerty keyboard, extensive email support plus high-speed data connectivity via HSDPA and Wi-Fi.
With Wi-Fi onboard, users can get high-speed connections while browsing or using online services. It can be used on home Wi-Fi hubs, on office WLANs or via public Wi-Fi hotspots, providing very fast speeds for uploading and downloading content - and without incurring the potential data costs or data plan requirements yof a mobile network data connection.
Setting up Wi-Fi
- On the homescreen, scroll down to WLAN Scanning Off. Press the navigation pad to select.
- Alternatively, press Menu. In the main Menu, highlight Control Panel. Press select.
- In the Control Panel menu, highlight Connectivity. Press select.
- In the Connectivity menu, highlight WLAN wizard. Press select.
- A list of Wi-Fi networks within range appears onscreen.
- Scroll to highlight the one to which you wish to connect. Press Options.
- To connect and open the browser, highlight Start Web Browsing. Press Select.
- If the WLAN network is secure you will be prompted for Pre-shared key (password) for the network. If it is your home network, this will the key you or the person setting up the network have previously used to set up the network. If it is a work or public Wi-Fi hotspot you may have to get details from the administrator or service provider.
- Type in the pre-shared key. Press OK.
- In a few moments you will be connected to the Wi-Fi network and you can start browsing or using other online services via Wi-Fi.
- Now you should be able to see on your homescreen when you are in range of your registered Wi-Fi network(s).
- By selecting the Wi-Fi option on the homescreen, you can get options to connect and start web browsing.
Finding your Nokia E72's MAC address
If you're connecting to a Wi-Fi network that requires pre-authorisation before connection (even with the correct pass key), you may require the phone's MAC address. This is a 12-character address that the administrator of the network may need to pre-authorise your phone to connect. It may be automatically detected when you try to sign onto the network.
- To find the MAC address on the phone, from the Nokia E72's homescreen simply dial: *#62209526#
- The phone's WLAN MAC address should appear onscreen, as a 12-character string of letters and numbers.